Monday, April 28, 2008

The Elementary Teacher's Curse.....that involves Sesame Street and childhood

Okay, so I am teaching multiples and factors today in math class. To preface this in case you have forgotten a multiple is pretty much counting by a certain number like 2,4,6,8,10 and so on. A factor is what can be divided evenly into a number. For instance the factors of 12 are 1,2,3,4,6,12. 

ANYWAY, the kids got to use the multiplication chart in their math books that was 12x12. I wrote the numbers on the board 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. ALL OF A SUDDEN a classic Sesame Street clip popped into my head. You know the one....Pinball 12. The one that goes 
1-2-3   
4-5    
6-7-8-9-10     
11-12 
Do do di do do do do do di do do do do dodo do. 

You get the picture. So tonight I snickered at it and decided to look it up on You Tube since I haven't seen it in a while. Okay, I realize that there are a lot of bored people out there in the world and that the internet is an information super highway for freedom of expression. The clip below came up. Watch it and afterward you can read my comments below. 




So, I love the fact that the girl in the remake is mixing a martini throughout the song, then drinks it. I know I wished I had one of those while I was teaching math today. ;-) Just kidding. What is up with the Ghostbusters outfit? I'm pretty certain that pinball 12 is a 70's creation, not to mention that all the outfits that the actors have on involve the 60's and 70's. And the ending credits were just dumb. But overall, pretty funny. If you type in "Pinball 12" or "Sesame Street Pinball" you can see all kinds of clips about the cartoon. I would recommend it if you are an 80's kid like me and that silly song gets stuck in your head. It has been in mine all day. Hopefully I have passed it onto you!!!!!

No comments:

A Video Clip Worth A Look