Monday, April 28, 2008

"No Doggie, No No!" said Teegan

You can tell our dog has a behavioral disorder when our 15 month old child sees the dog out of the blue and says, "No Doggie, No No!" We are trying like mad to make Justice fit in around here now that our family dynamic has changed. Before Teegan we were on top of Justice, training her to be a good puppy. Well, ever since September, we have been bad dog owners. Right now she is out of control. She destroyed, and I mean DESTROYED, the work that we did on the deck last spring. She feels the need to get under the deck to chase the rabbits that go under there. To watch it reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon to be honest. The rabbits AWAYS outwit her. 

We have seriously toyed with the fact of finding her a new home. It breaks my heart because she is such a wonderful dog. We just don't have the time to train her. The big two are just as calm and lovable as always. I know Justice could get there but it will take another year or so. 

Now we contemplate. Do we find a new home for her or not? I would give her away in a heartbeat if she could go to a family that I knew that would love her as much as we do. I don't want to just give her to any old person where I would spend months worrying about her. 

If you are interested or know anyone that might be let me know. 

No comments:

A Video Clip Worth A Look