Saturday, May 10, 2008

Greetings Again....

It has been a week since my last update. First of all, Justice continues to do well with her new family. The 3 kids have all come to school raving about their new dog. Supposedly she is not really eating too well yet, but is starting to eat more and more. I have to tell you that it was nice today not to have to take care of her. It rained all day and the other dogs were easy to get in and out and entertain themselves in the basement today.

Second, I was in an accident yesterday. My car is damaged to the tune of approx. $1500. It was my fault and I got a $100 ticket. I was backing out of my driveway and there was a car in my blind-spot. The other driver is 15 and doesn't have a license, only a school permit. She has driven twice by herself and has been in an accident both times. (Hmmmm what do you think that means?!) For me to be backing out of my driveway at approx. 5mph I have a lot of damage to my car. I am not thinking that she was going the speed limit by any means.

This week at work I attended another technology class at the AEA. It is part of an 8 day class that the district is sending me to. To my surprise, the district is sending me another training on Monday. We are purchasing the program Infinite Campus. I am the elementary representative for the whole district. I was shocked that they chose me to go and very happy too.

On Monday I started Pilates class with my friends Jeff and Erin. However, Jeff is actually my husband while we are in class since his name is "Jamie" on the roster. The teacher welcomed us as husband and wife the other night when we walked in late. He is the only guy in the class. Jeffrey ditched us on Wednesday night because he had an emergency art project to finish. We endured the pain without him. I hurt myself on one of the moves. I got this awful cramp in my upper arm that wouldn't go away. For two days I had numbness and tingling down my arm. Fortunately, I am recovered. I will just watch what I am doing next week. Jeff and I are taking Boot Camp next month together. That ought to be equally as interesting! By the way, Pilates makes you want to fart non-stop. Hopefully I will get toned with both classes. I am gaining weight left and right.

Well, it is Mother's Day weekend and it is my first one. On Friday night after school a group of us went and got manicures and pedicures. Then we had a 9-5 movie party at another friend's house. It was awesome. We laughed and laughed at the one-liners. You can tell that the work world is so different now with political correctness and sexual harassment, not to mention technology!. One of my favorite parts is where Mr. Hart is wooing Doralee and he apologizes for the convention weekend in San Francisco. She then says, "Mr. Hart, it's not your fault. I just need to check and make sure there is actually a convention next time." Funny stuff. Marie the alcoholic still tops my list of favorite one-liners though when she says, "Atta girl!"

So, right now it is 12:30 at night. I have the downstairs picked up. I have prepared a roast with carrots and potatoes in the crockpot. I have an angelfood cake baking in the oven. Now I need to take this party upstairs and start cleaning the disaster area I call our bedroom. It looks like Hurricane Katrina stopped by for a visit up there in every room. Tomorrow I have a 12 inch stack of papers to grade or record. This will be our last week of grades so I can get report cards done. The year is drastically coming to a close.

Next Saturday I am running a 5K and then walking another one in that afternoon at the 1st annual WOOF Walk. Glory will be joining me now that Justice is gone. I will take pictures.

Until I type again......

Ali

No comments:

A Video Clip Worth A Look