Monday, May 26, 2008

Peace be with you Parkersburg.....

and may you never see this degree of destruction ever again. Last night at 5:00 a major tornado ripped through this innocent Iowa town located near Cedar Falls. It took the lives of 7 people and injured dozens of others. It even destroyed the high school there.

This situation makes you realize that we are mortal. Our homes are cable of being destroyed. All of our belongings could be vanished in a matter of seconds. What would you do if this were you? All the citizens were carted out of Parkersburg last night to stay at a facility with cots and food. The citizens were able to pack what they could. This makes me question what items I would take with me if, God forbid, this ever happened to our town. It is such a horrible thought it almost makes me sick as I type this. The displacement alone would be horrible enough. I would feel ultimately blessed if I had all of our household members still standing.

I guess what it boils down to is that life is fragile, belongings are meaningless, and like Ecclesiasties 3 states...there is "A Time to Rebuild." I pray that all of the people of Parkersburg rebuild and have all of their needs met in the coming months.

If you are curious to see pictures of the aftermath they can be located on our local news channel's website:
www.whotv13.com

No comments:

A Video Clip Worth A Look