Monday, July 7, 2008

Manic Monday

Okay, WHAT a day. I worked fire today and we had a 3 doozies for calls.... I've fallen, I'm dead, and I'm choking. I feel like this is the first time that I have sat down all day. I am reclining on my Tempurpedic bed, watching my DVR programming. It is raining so hard that we don't have satellite at the moment. Tee is sleeping. He actually fell asleep on the way home from Subway at 6. Mondays always tucker him out due to daycare excitement.

Okay, I have been insulted three times today and have to vent about it for a second. First, on our I've fallen and I can't get up run they looked at me and said... "Oh, they sent a skinny one." Yeah, I can't lift a lot but I can try. Basically it was like....she is too weak to get me up. Then, while at the hospital a paramedic came out and greeted us and said, "Hey gentlemen how are you?" He realized after he said it that I was a girl. Okay, now I must look manly or something. THEN, my FAVORITE of the day, the medical examiner, who I haven't seen in over a year and a half greets me with, " It's so good to see you! I haven't seen you since you were pregnant. How old is your little one now?" ?!WHAT!? I told him that I haven't ever been pregnant and that we adopted. He felt really embarrassed. Seriously, that is how my day has gone. I am so glad to be home with a child who is sleeping, dogs who have been outside and fed for the evening, and my laptop. You have no idea.

Tomorrow is a free day!! YAY!!!!!

1 comment:

jtaddy said...

I'm laughing right now while it is pouring . Glad tomorrow will be free so you can relax. and I just got your message on my phone about stopping over so you could go get dinner. Sorry, again. I just got it. I have had to switch out for another new phone. i got a brand new one this time so should be good. Anyway, message notice came up a little bit ago. Sorry. i have really fallen off the friend job lately. I promise to be better. Good night.

Yes, I will vote tomorrow. Is it all in one place like bond issue or will we need to go to district areas?

A Video Clip Worth A Look