Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pee-Pee in the Potty!!!!

Today my son went pee pee in the potty! Woohoo! Go Tee, go! We have started using the potty before bath time everyday. Tonight Jamie called me and told me the good news. (I am working a 24 at the fire station today.) I am so proud of him. We met at Hy-Vee to eat supper tonight. Tee made his Daddy proud by chowing down as usual on the buffet. Some days he eats like a trucker. We needed milk at home so after eating we traveled to the back of the store to pick up a gallon. All the way back he screamed "Hello!" at people and smiled and giggled the whole way. It was really cute, but it was borderline embarrassing. Gotta love my little man.

Today we got some other wonderful news. My friend Karen will be teaching again and we are in the same district. In fact, our buildings are in close proximity to each other. YAY!!! She will make a great addition to our teaching community.

Tomorrow is a big day too. My other friend Marcy is going in for an ultrasound to see if Aunt Ali is going to get a niece or a nephew. I can't wait. I am living vicariously through her with this pregnancy. I have the food cravings now, I just hope I don't get the labor pains in November. ;-) Marcy, make sure you tell your little one to uncross its legs tomorrow morning. I can't wait to find out!!!!! Teegan will either be getting a good buddy or a potential prom date. ;-)

If you are curious about our city's vote to get a new fire station.... it failed for the third time in 4 years. It was not a good day yesterday. I worked and everyone was down. The count was 57% No to 43% Yes. The phrase of the day was.... We are only doing 43% of the calls today or we are only going to respond 43% of the way and they will have to meet us. ;-) How crappy can our citizens be that they wouldn't want their public safety people to be safe? I feel like if they don't care about me, why should I care enough to get up in the middle of the night to go help them? I will still do it because that is the kind of person that I am. I will tell you it isn't going to be easy for a while.

What absolutely made my day today was a thank you note from a patient that I had yesterday. He wrote out this nice card and said that I was one of our town's finest citizens for helping him the way that I did. We also had a lady come up to us at lunch yesterday and apologized for the vote on behalf of the community and thanked us for all that we do. People like that make this job worth while. It just sucks when the community as a whole can't get behind us to give us a much needed building improvement. So, for those "NO" voters, you may think you'll never have a fire at your house or ever have a medical emergency, but when you do, we will be there because that is who we are... Ever-helping, ever-faithful, and ever-ready! Whether you appreciate it or not.

On a different note, I got the perm and am in the "you can't wash it for 2 days" phase. It sucks. I'm not sure I like it yet, but I haven't had a chance to wash and style it myself. I will make the call then and post a picture this weekend.

Well, I need to sign off and go take some Tylenol. Please....if you live here in town....don't fall tonight. I have already been picking up enough people off the floor this week. And Jeff.....Stay out of the bathtub tonight. (He knows what that means.) :-)

Ali

2 comments:

jtaddy said...

Good days do follow bad and your tale is a fine example of that. I am so glad for your friend karen! Yea!
I am so glad for Teegan and the potty. That will be huge for you!
I am so glad that nice lady came over and apologized. I think that is awesome. I hope you write your editorial. People need to hear.
I met Bob's wife today. Very nice and I told her you thought Bob was great, yeah, considering what you came from!
School is going well. Like we never left. Only two more months until break!
Later.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it didn't pass! I thought it might this time even though there were lots of VOTE NO signs around town. But there was one citizen who spoke out encouraging people to vote yes. This person "Mildred" is very conservative so I thought there would be hope. Guess not. Wifey-poo and I both voted for it so please stop by when I get struck by lightning while cleaning out the gutters!

I wonder if you've been in our neighborhood lately. Um "Richard" across the street has had a couple of calls and I wonder if he had fallen.

A Video Clip Worth A Look