Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Hump Day

Happy Wednesday. I am a single parent for the second consecutive day. Teegan is growing up so fast. He loves bathtime now and so do I. He is finally at the stage where he can bathe himself pretty much with little assistance and he loves playing in the tub. I give him a bath in our master bedroom bath. That way I can see him while tidying up our room at night. I never stay out of sight of him, but it is nice to be able to pick things up.

Today we had to go without cell phones, internet, and land line telephones for a few hours as something happened to our services. We also couldn't use our debit or credit cards or pay at the pump gas cards. I guess a fiber optic line got cut. It was kind of scary not being able to communicate. We didn't even have the capability to call 911 in the event of an emergency. I'm confused as to why we lost cellphone service as well, but Jamie said that the towers are connected via the ground through the fiber optic network.

Well tomorrow is yard work and hopefully garage work, followed by classroom work. Ug. It is all coming together slowly. We really need to weed the landscaping, mow, and trim the hedges. The garage is just a disaster area and even 30 minutes of work would make an improvement.

Well, have a happy hump day. Pretty soon it will be the weekend.

Ali

No comments:

A Video Clip Worth A Look