Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Society... Troubling to say the least!


Okay, tonight I read a story about Victoria Osteen. Let me preface this by saying that I really like Joel Osteen's broadcast. I also own his books. They are very good. This is why the article about his wife on Yahoo! News tonight troubled me.

Apparently, Victoria had something spill on her seat during or before a flight. She, I guess, got really angry and demanded that it be cleaned up immediately. The flight attendants are saying that she was out of control, full of rage and tried to get into the cockpit. They also claim that she shoved one of them. Well, now this flight attendant... who had surgery on her breasts prior to the incident due to a "medical condition" says that the incident has given her post-traumatic stress disorder among other health problems including hemorrhoids. Okay, hemorrhoids??

So, this week they are in court about the issue. I really think that this sucks. Just because they have money people think that they can take a crack at them. The flight attendant is suing for 10% of their entire net worth. America is becoming one giant crock of crap! Seriously, what have we become? What are we teaching our children about responsibility, caring, fairness, etc.?

It was wrong of Victoria to get upset, but I highly doubt that she went to the extreme of what they are claiming. The Osteens even have witnesses of the event. So, I guess the moral of the story is my friends.... don't yell at someone or they can sue you for post traumatic stress syndrome and hemorrhoids! I would love to buy that woman a tube of Preparation H and give her the famous Austin Powers line, "Yes Frau, on the whole, I think Preparation H feels good." If you care to check out the article here is a link or a url to paste into your web browser.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080807/ap_on_re_us/osteen_s_wife_lawsuit

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

A Video Clip Worth A Look