Thursday, August 21, 2008

T.G.I.F.F.


(and you know what the extra "F" stands for!) What a week. I feel like my wheels have been spinning since last week at this time. I am tired, exhausted, melancholy, etc. Thank God Jamie is home tonight and tomorrow night. It would be sweeter yet if he were home on Saturday, but I will take Sunday I guess.

Tonight we had Kindermusik class. My son showed some definite toddler ADHD tonight. (I like to call it TADHD) He really likes the music but he doesn't want to move on to the next activity or sit with us and actually do the movements. Last spring when we visited a class he did much better. I am hoping that he will get better with practice. We have a book and activities that we need to do with him each week for homework. Jamie and I are also going to have to start singing the songs to him too. That should sound pretty. We won't be demonstrating for you if you visit either.

Saturday I get to take Glory to the pool for the annual Doggie Dive. We go every year and let BooBoo swim. Too bad Jamie has to work. Hopefully I can get a sitter for the T'ster. We don't take Libby anymore due to her seizures and her hatred for the water and people.

Okay, before I go, let me recap my thoughts on the Olympics this week;

1. Shawn Johnson- Thank God the judges got the last one right. I guess they are going to formally investigate the alleged gymnast from China who they believe to be 14. If they find that she was too young they will strip her of her medal. To me they should strip China of the team medal too and give it to the US.

2. I was watching the track team tonight and not only did the men drop the baton in the 4x100 but the women did too. It reminded me of LoLo hitting the hurdle the other night. Mistakes that hurt 100 times worse during the Olympics. I hope they can let go of their mistakes and move on.

3. Softball- I still can't believe that they are dropping the sport. That is a shame. I think the team sports make the Olympics what they are. They are a team effort to accomplish the goal of gold. I am saddened that BMX biking has entered the games. Like equestrian I feel that they should be dropped. A gold medal should come solely from the human body, not a horse or a bike. Hell, why not put NASCAR in it?!?!

Well, I need to get going. We are watching Elmo right now. MAN, I hate his voice and laugh. Tee just loves watching the last 15 minutes of Sesame Street. Elmo's World is a daily event anymore. Teegan can even say Cookie Monster and Oscar now. I think I am going to start listening to my iPod during Elmo time everyday.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

A Video Clip Worth A Look